Derived from the branches of the tall evergreen tree, Cypress essential oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing. Cypress is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists. Cypress can be diffused or inhaled directly, but should not be swallowed or taken internally. Cypress contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. It has a grounding, yet stimulating effect on the emotions, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.Uses
- Prior to a long run, apply to feet and legs for an energizing boost.
- Apply two to three drops to chest to promote vitality and energy.
- Diffuse with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent.
- Mix together Cypress and Grapefruit essential oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for an invigorating massage.
- Add one to two drops to toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Promotes vitality and energy.
- Helps improve appearance of oily skin.
- Invigorating to the senses.
- Commonly diffused with citrus oil for an uplifting aroma.
Clean, fresh, woody, herbaceousCollection Method
Steam DistillationPlant Part
α-pinene, carene, limonene