Referred to as a “forbidden fruit” and one of the “Seven Wonders of Barbados,” Grapefruit was first documented in 1750 by Welshman Rev. Griffith Hughes. The name “grapefruit” is attributed to the fruits growing in clusters which resemble those of grapes. Known for its energizing and invigorating aroma, Grapefruit helps uplift mood and provides a clarifying effect to the mind. Grapefruit is also renowned for its cleansing and purifying properties and is frequently used in skin care for its ability to promote the appearance of clear, healthy-looking skin.Uses
- Add to your teenager’s facial routine to improve the appearance of blemishes (avoid sun exposure).
- Diffuse while dieting or trying to lose weight to increase motivation.
- Known for its energizing and invigorating aroma, Grapefruit helps uplift mood.
- Massage with Grapefruit essential oil to promote feelings of vitality and uplift mood.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after applying product.
- Improves the appearance of blemishes for clearer, healthy-looking skin.
- Promotes sense of focus and increase motivation while studying or reading.
- Uplifting and energizing aroma.
Citrus, floral, fruityCollection Method
Cold PressedPlant Part
Grapefruit rinds (peel)Main Constituents