GME, MT403 EPIRB - 406MHz Water & Manual Activation
1-Year Local Warranty Support
More Australian rescues start with GME than with any other brand
GME MT403 series EPIRBs are a culmination of years of extensive R & D by GME engineers. The end result is a radical new design concept that is not only a significant improvement on existing beacon performance, but dramatically slashes the cost of 406 MHz EPIRB ownership.
The GME MT403 406 MHz digital EPIRB is the latest exciting extension of GME's growing family of innovative safety products.
The MT403 also includes a water activation feature. Once it has been removed from its mounting bracket, the MT403 will activate automatically on immersion in water. Of course you can also activate it manually if required.
Advantages of a 406 MHZ EPIRB over the older analogue EPIRBs include, worldwide coverage, position location accuracy to within 5 kms and a more stable transmitted signal resulting in faster response time. Most importantly, the addition of a unique digitally coded message provides Search and Rescue authorities with vital information including the country of beacon registration and identification of the vessel in distress, thus greatly reducing the incidence of false alerts and unnecessary deployment of valuable rescue resources.
An auxiliary homing transmitter is included in the MT403 to enable suitably equipped Search and Rescue vessels to home in on the distress beacon.
- Unrivaled in Technology, Performance and Price.
- Easy, in-built self-test with audio / visual alert.
- COSPAS-SARSAT worldwide operation.
- Meets AS/NZ 4280.1:2003 standards. C/S T.001/007.
- Ground breaking microprocessor based design, delivers unparalleled performance and value.
- Antenna deploys automatically when the unit is removed from the quick-release mounting bracket.
- Zero warm-up Digital Technology.
- Automatically activates on immersion in water (when removed from the bracket) or can be activated manually if desired.
- High intensity solid state strobe.
- Rugged lightweight easy-to-mount compact design.
In the Box:
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Reference Placard
- Registration Forms
- Mounting Bracket
MODES OF OPERATION
- Self Test: Comprehensive internal diagnostics with visual and audible operator feedback. UHF test message (inverted synchronisation compatible with portable beacon testers).
- Light: 20 flashes/minute at > 0.75 cd effective intensity
CERTIFICATION AND APPROVALS
- Repetition Period: 50 s mean, digitally generated randomization.
- Configuration: 5 parallel packs each of 2 series cells